Home Buyers: Ask These Questions Before Purchasing
Posted on: February 8, 2016 by iSure
When purchasing a new home, there are a lot of factors to consider. It’s important to ask the right questions before purchasing. As someone who wishes to purchase a luxury or vacation home, it is critical to find the right Miami High-Value Homeowners Insurance is to protect your investment. According to an article in About Home, home buyers should contemplate three things: offering price, condition of home, and location of home.
When asking about the offering price, here are a few questions to inquire about.
- How much did the seller pay? This way you can know whether the value of the home’s value has gone up or down since they bought the home.
- How much does the seller owe? This is important because if the seller owes more than the asking price, then it might be a short sale.
- How much have the homes sold for in the neighborhood? This will be your indicator of value.
- How many offers has the seller received? Love the house? Make the strongest offer.
- How long has the house been on the market? The longer it’s been on the market, the easier it is to negotiate a discount.
When asking about the condition of the home, ask these.
- How old is the roof? The newer the roof, the longer the life expectancy.
- What is the type of foundation? Look for houses with slab foundations, as they indicate newer construction.
- Is there insulation in the walls and attic? This is specifically important in the colder climate locations.
- Have the appliances been replaced? If so, when? The newer, the better.
When asking about the location of the home, ask these questions.
- What other types of properties are nearby? Apartment, commercial and industrial buildings tend to lower the value of the residential area around it.
- What is the neighborhood demographic? You can ask the agent or do some research online.
- Where are the closest schools? As a parent with small children, this a huge concern.
- Are there any nuisance factors? Traffic? Freeways in the area? Airports?
At iSure Brokers, we strive to provide the coverage that reflects the high-value worth of your home. Our protection policies not only offer personal liability but can include family members that live with you as well. We provide your own personal iSure adviser that will work carefully to evaluate resident risks and refer you to a program that best fits your homeowner insurance needs. For more information, call us today at 855.381.6123.